blog 5




my bday!! surprise cake <3




9.05 project plus indigo dye

indigo dye! mine is the one on the far right
Helloo, welcome to the next episode of my blog!!! 9.05 we went to NCKU again to work on our projects! I’ve really enjoyed collaborating with design students here because it’s so apparent that a lot of what we learned is very similar (like the basics of design), but they all have their own unique ideas and perspectives that benefit us a lot, especially in this project that involves Taiwan influence. For example, I had no idea that solar panel waste was as big as it is in Taiwan, and I found out through the students here! 

The indigo dye we did was so cool and impressive. I can’t believe it takes so many steps and so long to go from the plant to the dye that we used, and it’s crazy to me that people figured this out so many years ago and that we’re still using it today. The way the dye interacted with the oxygen and sunlight was also so cool to see as it turned from light green to dark blue so fast! All the different patterns were so unique and it was so beautiful seeing everyone’s fabric pieces blowing in the wind as they dried. Plus, seeing people wear their pieces in the days after was such a fun nod to our program.


9.06 boat trip! Plus anping

everyone got to touch the jellyfish
I really enjoyed being on the boat and learning more about the fishing community in Tainan. I had no idea that there were so many different types of fishing nets and equipment! Even though we only caught small fish, I was surprised that we got some pretty much every time we threw the net in. However, it also made it clear that fishing takes a long time and lots of work to get ones you can actually eat. The jellyfish was also crazy!! I've never touched one before and it was pretty much what I expected.

@ anping :p
 chandaline, katelyn, jaz, me
Anping was cool to see, even with the heat and sun burning down on us. The tour felt so long but I liked seeing the old wall from Fort Zeelandia made with crazy materials. The treehouse was so cool too- I can’t believe the tree grew around the roof like that it felt so apocalyptic.


9.07 presentations, capybara cafe, more project, learned mah jong

Presentations today! So excited about all the projects and I honestly think that hearing about them helped me understand more of what circular design is (like hearing about the service ones especially). Then, after lunch we rode motorbikes over to the capybara cafe!!! It was so awesome; I can’t believe the capybaras are so big!! After we worked on our project more and got critique, which allowed us to figure out what our next steps in our project was, we went to Bella’s friend’s apartment and learned mah jong. It was fun and I am excited to practice more! 

mogu kabi cafe!

Signing off,

Zoe 

mah jong!! teamed up with bella

Comments

  1. The capybara cafĂ©! They surprised me too when I first saw them. They’re much bigger than I expected. How fascinating! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts