blog 4

us in front of yoyo mei
These few days were mainly working on design and the project in the NCKU Industrial Design building, but we still managed to pack in a lot of fun sightseeing and food!!

tour of campus + rain
9.02 We had an introduction and campus tour courtesy of the students. Their intro slides were so creative and gave us lots of recommendations in Tainan, which I was grateful for. We then walked around the campus with them and saw so many different spots, including the library, ID workshop, and the big tree. After, we got boba at a recommended shop 島鼓計畫 and it was so good. Shoutout NCKU students for the rec! Many of the students ended up playing volleyball despite the pouring rain! I admire everyone’s dedication and commitment to keep playing even as puddles were growing on the court. Then, I got some beef spicy noodles at a nearby restaurant and I was surprised that they were pretty spicy, as I’ve heard Taiwan tends to have less spice.


bella, katelyn, chandaline, jaz, me
drawn by annie!
The next day, 9.03 we worked on the workshop and project. The intern for the workshop leader was super nice and also gave us some places we should visit. Overall, although I was tired, the workshop was very engaging and I learned a lot about circular design and how impactful different purchasing choices can be as a consumer. I really liked the part at the end where we designed something from the image (our group designed a cat litter service). It felt less pessimistic than the rest of the presentation and motivated me to design things that are not just useful now, but also in the future after it ‘expires’.


beef soup
After ending, we met up with a few NCKU students at their favorite beef soup place. The sauce on the rice was so good and I’m not surprised that they go there all the time. In a similar vein, we met up with them for brunch the next day, 9.04 and just like all their recs the food was amazing. 


beach!!!

on the motorbike
They showed us around a few shops they liked, including an awesome photo store, and we even got mango shaved ice/ 芒果冰!! They also took us on their motorbikes to the beach to see the sunset, which was so gorgeous. Then, we had what we agreed was one of our best meals on this trip at Dan Wa House/ 丹瓦樓. Overall, I’ve had such a fun time with the students and I feel like they’ve truly given us a glimpse of what living here is like.











at the foto shop




Comments

  1. I love NCKU students' intro slides, too! I have shared them in our shared folder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts